About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 19 March 2024

01 Kembara Ramadhan - Melaka

“Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up…” - Jesse Jackson

(Masjid Selat Melaka)

Day 01: Tuesday, 19 March 2024
Route: Taman Bidara - Melaka
Distance: 171 km
Hotel: Hallmark Crown Hotel, Melaka (Rm81)

Today was the start of our 10-day Kembara Ramadhan. We had the opportunity to have iftar and perform solat tarawih at some of the mosques we visited along our kembara routing.
 
(The start of our 10-day Kembara Ramadhan)

Started from Bidara House around 9.00 am. By noon we reached Melaka and drove direct to my hometown, Kampung Seri Minyak. Solat jamak Zohor/Asar at Masjid Al-Abrar where we met with my brother-in-law, Zul and my big brother, Abang.
 
(Pantai Siring overlooking the Straits of Malacca)
(Jetty Anjung Batu)

At the Tanah Perkuburan Kg Seri Minyak, we cleared Ja’s grave and recited prayers to those who had earlier left us.
 
(Masjid Al-Abrar Kg. Seri Minyak)
(Reciting the doa at Ja's grave)

By 4.00 pm we checked-in Hallmark Crown Hotel Melaka located in Taman Melaka Raya and rested the whole afternoon.

Had iftar and performed solat terawih at Masjid Selat Melaka. The magnificent mosque seems to be floating on the bank of the Straits of Malacca, the longest and busiest straits in the world. At sunset, the rippling reflection of the modern mosque with Middle-Eastern influences was a spectacular view. Terawih prayers were 8 rakaat with witir. Here, the Imam recited a different qiraat. Later we had mee goreng for moreh at Alif Maju Restoran in Melaka Raya.
 
(Watching the sunset at Masjid Selat Melaka)
(Hallmark Crown Hotel, Melaka)

No comments:

Post a Comment