About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 21 August 2006

Durian party...

“It doesn't take a whole long life to realize that what we deserve to have, we rarely get…” - Jodi Picoult

That night after the Wedding reception, we had satay Kajang for dinner with our Singaporean relatives. They ended up sleeping in our Putramas apartment as all hotels were fully booked, mostly by the Arabs. To allow them to have some privacy we spent the night at our Bidara house instead. Iwan and Ella had Ella’s parents and sister staying with them at their Mandy Villa and Sara slept over at one of her goonies house in Bangsar.

(Eating durian with Linda by the stream)

The week before, when asked whether I’ll be joining the department for picnic and durian party outing at Impian Rimba, Ulu Langat, I was not very certain at first as I envisaged us to be busy with unfinished business. But I’m glad that we could join them even for a short while. The serene cool ambiance of the dusun and the riffling sound of the nearby stream, relaxed tired bodies and unruffled cluttered minds.


There were varieties of durians, D14, D11, the red prawn and a lot were nameless. I didn’t keep track of how much I ate, but I ate a lot. There were also mangosteen, duku and rambutans by the basket load. While the adults were busy gobbling the durians and other fruits, the children had fun in the nearby stream.

(Cooling off in the cold water)

That night, sweating profusely, we slept with the air-con at full blast. Panasss…

3 comments:

  1. wah seronoknya party durian!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. saya hampir terlupa yg orang malaysia ada buat parti durian...n the picture of the sungai...dengan ada orang tu kaki paras lutut dlm air etc..that is like soooooo malaysian...bestnyaaaaa..bila la nak dapat merendah air sungai mcm ni yea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama,
    Memang seronok, tapi demam dibuatnye kalau makan tak ingat dunia. he he...

    Simah,
    Anak-anak sungai banyak kat sini. Nak mandi memang tak puas nye... Bila nak balik M'sia?

    ReplyDelete