About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Thursday 9 August 2007

50th Merdeka Coins...

'"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't..." - Erica Jong


Bank Negara Malaysia has issued three types of commemorative coins to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of Malaysia's Independence. The commemorative coins were launched last week by the Minister of Culture, Arts and Heritage, Dato' Seri Dr. Rais Yatim at the National Art Gallery. In conjunction with the launching there was a week exhibition on the nation’s heritage coins and my officers have been busy assisting the Unit Muzeum during the exhibition.


The commemorative coins were selling like hot cakes during the exhibition although this time round the prices are a little higher compared to the other commemorative coins.

Orders for the coins are still coming. The stock is running very low and the Mint is too slow to keep up with the demand.

2 comments: