About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 9 September 2007

Serawak - Kalimantan border towns...

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks...” 

(Sarawak: 8 - 11 Sept 2007)


On Saturday, it was raining heavily when our plane landed in Kuching Airport.

We rented a car and drove to Damai Beach resort for a 2-night stay there. My meeting at the branch will be on Tuesday so I have taken Monday off.

.
On Sunday we decided to drive to Tebedu, about 100km from Kuching town and a point of entry into West Kalimantan. The journey was smooth using the highway and we passed the limestone hills and pinnacles.
.

The pinnacles should not be missed if you are in Sarawak, especially the famous pinnacles at Mulu where they could reach up to 40 meters tall and has become a world heritage site – a natural wonder of the world.

.
We thought of driving to Pontianak but were told it may take us more that 8 hours to reach there. So we decided to explore a few towns across the Malaysia-Indonesia border and passed through Entikong and Balaikarang, both are deserted and becoming ghost towns.
.
It was raining all the way back to Kuching...

No comments:

Post a Comment