About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 7 September 2007

Langkawi - Leadership for Dummies...

“Remember you are over the edge of the wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go…” J.R.R. Tolkien

(Langkawi: 3 -6 Sept 2007)

(Ice-breaking session)

I nearly missed my plane that day!

My original flight schedule was supposed to be at 1530. Luckily that morning while packing, I took a peek at my ticket and was shocked to see the change in time to 1400.

There were 25 of us, Directors and Deputy Directors gathered at the Sri Kijang Resort for a 4-day Leadership Development Program. The program was packed with class-room sessions, group discussions, presentations, and a one-to-one coaching with consultants specially flown from all over the world.

During the ice-breaking session, each of us was asked to draw about ourselves, when we were at 10-years old, 10 years ago, now and 10 years in the future. This is what I drew about my-self.

(Peaceful ambiance of BNM resort)

Sri Kijang Resort is complete with conference rooms, discussion rooms, dining halls, and lounge. The chalets are spacious with rooms equipped with fridge and TV. There are gazebos and wakafs to rest in the evening and a swimming pool to relax our tired bodies and minds.

(Watching the beautiful sunset)

We had much fun discovering our leadership styles. The 360-degree evaluation from bosses, subordinates and peers enforced clearly our strengths and weaknesses.

At night we had dinner at the beach or another night at the Yacht club, watching the sun set. Most nights were spent singing karaoke in the lounge or play darts or carom. Some nights were spent in our room with loads of homework too!

Overall, the program was good and fun. There will be a lot of follow-ups after this. But tonight I need to pack again.

I will be going to Kuching and Kota Kinabalu for the audit exit meetings with the auditors. The good thing is, hubby will be coming with me and we'll spend a few days together.

4 comments:

  1. Selamat berpuasa kak Nong. Semuga dilimpahkan dengan keberkatan dihari yang mulia ni.

    I was trying to figure out the meaniong behind yr web scatch representing now.

    Take care. and enjoy yr trip to KK and Kuching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zino & Anggerik,
    Selamat berpuasa... semuga dapat menjalani ibadah dengan sempurna dan diberkati Allah..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anggerik,
    The spider and the cob web depict the state i'm now. Representing both by strengths and weaknesses.

    I'm building a security around me, may look fragile on the outside but will trap opportunities that come my way... :)

    ReplyDelete