About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 10 September 2007

Serawak - The tail of the cat...

"The Question is not what you look at, but what you see!"

(Serawak: 8 - 11 Sept 2007)

(A formation of black rocks)

On Sunday we decided to drive to the tail of the cat and planned to go to Tanjung Datu but there is no through road and the only way to get there is to rent a boat!.

(Taking in the cool breeze of the beach)

We decided to explore other remote parts of Sarawak and our journey passed through Lundu and Sematan. We stopped at a few beautiful beaches along the route.

(A lone fishing boat)

There are beautiful rock formation, granite boulders lying on the beach and in the water, making a picturesque scenery. The combination of reflection, rock and trees create a beautiful sight. A lone boat is serene under the cloudy sky..

(Gunung Gading National Park)

On the way back to Kuching, we stopped at Gunung Gading national Park, located in the Lundu District. The Park consists of rugged mountain peaks which provides a scenic backdrop to the nearby Pandan and Siar beaches.
.
The waterfalls in the upper part of Sungai Lundu have become a popular recreational destination for both local and foreign visitors. Gunung Gading is the home to numerous rare plants including the world's largest flower, the Rafflesia.

8 comments:

  1. Very beautiful. Never been to this site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. selamat berpuasa kak nong and famili. and a very happy hari raya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Selamat berpuasa. Have a meaningful Ramadan:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anggerik,
    There are a lot more places to explore in Sarawak. If only i have all the time...

    Joana,
    Selamat berpuasa & Selamat Menyambut Hari Raya...

    Hazia,
    Selamat berpuasa. Semoga ibadah kita dirahmati Allah...

    ReplyDelete
  5. kawasan hutan memang selalunya cantik kan? i mean malaysia has sooo many places worth visiting...lovely pics akak..

    salam ramadhan to u n ur lovely family...

    eagerly waiting for more pics of ur never ending travels... syoknya..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simah,
    A lot more places to explore here!

    Salam Ramadhan untuk simah & family...

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw your photos and read your article about Sarawak in your website. I am planning to go Sarawak in November for four nights. I hope you can give me some advise.

    I understand you drove. How to rent a car and how much it cost? Do you have the contact? Is Damai Beach very beautiful and nice place to stay? I do plan to go to few places like Sematan, Bako and Semenggoh.

    My e-mail add chowyy@lion.com.my. Hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen,
    There are a lot of interesting places to visit in Sarawak. If time is not a contraint, you will enjoy more travelling into the remote areas by car and stop at the many national parks, rivers, waterfalls and lakes.

    I have sent u an e-mail. Hope the tips are useful!

    ReplyDelete