About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 16 September 2011

I craved Chilli Spare-ribs...

"The first thing you lose on a diet is your sense of humor..."


I never worry about diets before. But after a month of fasting, I found my weight remained the same. Not an ounce less, nor an ounce more. And I am starting to get worried.

(Chilli Spare-ribs, medium well done...)

Since the month of Ramadhan I had been craving for a large plate of steak and was looking forward to having one after I completed my puasa enam. So when dear hubby suggested that we celebrate Malaysia Day dinner at Victoria Station, I was elated.

(Hana and her grandpa...)

We drove in the heavy rain and thronged the massive traffic jam. I ordered my favorite Chili Spare-ribs, a taste I am most familiar with and dear hubby was having a rack of lambs and Ox-tail Soup to complement.

It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

7 comments:

  1. Nong, I lost 8 lbs. I want to taste the food which you recently posted-the rendang daging; your mom's recipe. So this noon, I ate at Penang Hill, a restaurant at Shangrila here, and it tasted so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spare-rib - oh I do not get that in my part of the world. Tinggal kenangan dengan air liur melilih.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tes,
    It's good that you manage to taste the rendang. That's a favorite dish for us especially during Eid.

    Come over and we'Ll have more of those, I promise...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pakcik,
    We don't usually indulge in eating steaks or western food. But lately the taste of food has been really bland.

    That's why the craving is for something different...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nong, I would love that.. in the near future

    ReplyDelete
  6. Assalamualaikum kak...SELAMAT HARI RAYA...Maaf zahir batin ye...

    Kak... terliur tgk steak tu...

    But i love the last sentence...

    ReplyDelete
  7. aNie,
    Selamat Hari Raya... dah nak dekat penghujung ni.

    Sorry to hear about the passing of your makcik (step-mother?).

    My condolences to your family.

    ReplyDelete