About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Thursday 22 September 2011

My corners neatly tucked...

"I may be pessimistic but I am also a bit of a perfectionist..."

In my everyday life I like my corners neatly tucked in and everything in its place. I am not one to want to leave things as is, well enough alone.

(The Encyclopedia set in our library)

The other day when dear hubby told me his plan to clear 2 pieces of our land in Sg Rambai, I was quite opinionated and apprehensive. A lot of questions came to mind which in the end led him to think that my negativity would hinder his well-thought plans.

My concern is well intended for I don't want him to waste money, time and energy. And I am one who don't like to say "I told you so..." when things go astray. But I think it's time to stand back and resist the urge to keep fixing something which is still in the early planning stage. If I become too embroiled, it may not even resemble what it's supposed to be.

I guess letting go will help me find contentment!

4 comments:

  1. how many time i do not do what i want to do but do what i dont want to do

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I don't want him to waste money, time and energy."

    Would it not be as benefitial as riding around?

    ReplyDelete
  3. JR,
    If there is something you want to change about your life or your way of doing things, you can start now.

    For it is never too late...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pakcik,
    I have to get past my desire to "fixing what isn't broken".

    I love my kebun. Normally, when we do things, we always have our goals in mind. And we deal with practicality - by designing a plan and then taking it one step at a time. And while we may not achieve overnight results, we will have something to celebrate before we know it.

    And just like our indulgence in our hobbies - biking, 4x4, travelling, we had set aside provisions well ahead and carefully plan our trip. Even our impromptu journeys have a simple plan to lead us to our intended destinations and give us the satisfactions we aimed for...

    ReplyDelete