About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 2 October 2011

Perlis: Riding to Kuala Perlis...

"We can't change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust our sails to always reach our destination...."

(Having seafood dinner at the water front)

Wander - Thirst

Beyond the east the sunrise; Beyond the west the sea
And East and West the Wander-Thirst that will not let me be;
It works in me like madness to bid me say goodbye,
For the seas call, and the stars call, and oh! The call of the sky!

I know not where the white road runs, nor what the blue hills are,
But a man can have the sun for friend, and for his guide, a star;
And there's no end to voyaging when once the voice is heard,
For the rivers call, and the road calls, and oh! The call of a bird!

Yonder the long horizon lies, and there by night and day
The old ships draw to home again, the young ships sail away
And come I may, but go I must, and if men ask you why,
You may put the blame on the stars and the sun,
And the white road and the sky.

(By Gerald Gould)

(Spending a night at one cozy boutique hotel)
(The new floating mosque @ Kuala Perlis)
(Resting after a long haul...)

Total mileage: 1110 km
Route taken: PLUS Highway KL - Perlis - KL

2 comments:

  1. Like you had covered the whole peninsula.Sabah/Serawak?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tok Ngah,
    In Sabah and Serawak, i prefer to go with 4x4, senang nak sewa.

    May try to venture by bike one of these days...

    ReplyDelete