About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 10 October 2011

Pahang - 4x4 first attempt to Lata Berembun...

"In great attempts, it is glorious even to fail..."

Last weekend we went for an off-roading day trip to a few waterfalls around Raub area. Our first destination was Lata Berembun located 38 km from Raub. It is accessible only by 4x4 from Kg Baru Sg Klau through dusuns, rubber, palm oil and cocoa plantations. It is located halfway up the slopes of Gunung Benom.

Our first attempt to climb the steep road to Berembun Waterfalls was unsuccesful as our 4x4  all-terrain tyres were not suitable for the rough and deep ruts and ravines. On the way to the waterfalls we met with a few hard-core 4x4 vehicles carrying passengers for a small fee.

A little dissappointed, we later decided to drive to a nearby Lata Jarum.

(Starting of a rough journey, we managed to cover only 6km of the trail)
(A few 4x4 ferrying passengers to the waterfalls...)
(Our blackfoot looks tame compared to the hardcore 4x4...)

2 comments:

  1. I can only admire your spirit and effort. How mavellous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pakcik,
    The trails require attentive maneuvering. Although drivable the rough terrains and low clearance may damage our 4x4.

    We'll try again, God willing...

    ReplyDelete