About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 25 February 2013

Breakfast meet @ KL Sentral...

“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend...”  - Albert Camus
.
(Nong, Sidah, YB Ubai, Bee and Adilah...)

There's a saying: If your friends won't make time for you, maybe it's time you make new friends...

But having a date with new friends is not always as gratifying as meeting up with 'old' ones. Although  I am now retired and with lots of free time at hand, my life evolves between having to go back to Melaka looking after my emak three days a week and travelling, biking or 4x4 whenever we have free time especially on weekends. The diary is often full and the days get more hectic. Keeping up with friends, old or new, grows increasingly harder to do.

Last week when Ubai put up a message in whatsapp that she'll be in KL on Sunday and free for breakfast meet, I was thrilled for I am also free that weekend, which I reserved for a few kenduri kendara. That Sunday morning, we managed to gather a few and had a heavy breakfast at Swiss Oven in KL Sentral. If Sooka Sentral was opened on Sunday, we would have indulged in Kelantanese food in one of the restaurants there instead.

That day I returned home with the warm and fuzzy feeling you can only get from spending time with those you care even only for a few hours. And I didn’t want the feeling to end...

(Delicious Lamb kuzi with baguette @ Swiss Oven...)
(Big 5 minus Ani and Kid...)

No comments:

Post a Comment