About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Saturday 23 February 2013

Put my worries aside...

“Life has enough troubles. Why would I put my life at risk for more?...”


I’ll die sooner or later any way…

My anxiety shows up unexpectedly when I think of my next medical check-up.

It’s apparent that I am unfit. In the past months, I have been having high fever, cough and cold out of the blue, at times shaky with no appetite and some nausea in the morning, sick and dazed. Then I slowly return to normal, feeling great, eat a lot and putting on unwanted weight and then a little off again. It’s a strange new pattern and I am worried.

But I get it now. I understand why so many people don't visit a doctor for decades. It's easier to live in ignorance. Living in happy naiveté about your health is less stressful. And I decided that I am not going to postpone my appointment with my doctor any more.

So early this morning I stepped at the 7th Floor of Pantai Hospital and braced myself for a series of tests listed on the executives screening schedule. For now, I am going to put aside my worry until I see the results of the tests next week…

No comments:

Post a Comment