About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 26 June 2018

Kepong Metropolitan Park - an early morning exercise...

Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory. - Albert Schweitzer

(The start of our pace-walking)

We have started our pace-walking routine, a few days a week. We have chosen Kepong Metropolitan Park because of the good clean ambiance and it is near to our Bidara House.

The Kepong Metropolitan Park, located at the Northern end of Jinjang is one of the biggest recreational parks in Kuala Lumpur. The 95 hectares of lush greenery park offers a 3.5 km running loop which branches out to form many different loops, flat and hilly. The route around the 57 hectare lake offers pretty great views.

The park is famous among locals for the kite flying activities for kite enthusiasts. There is a huge field that runs parallel to the main road specifically for this purpose. Other facilities at the park include children playgrounds, a Remote Control car track, a jogging track, a cycling track, a football field, a boathouse and aquatic activities, observation towers, pavilion, toilets and shelters.

(A 5 km loop of pace-walking)
(Beautiful scenery around the lake)

For a start, hubby and I planned to pace-walk for 5 km for approximately an hour, a few days a week. Hopefully, it improves my cardiovascular and pulmonary fitness and stabilizes my erratic blood pressure readings.

No comments:

Post a Comment