About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Thursday 9 March 2006

Planning for retirement...

“There are no innocents. There are, however, different degrees of responsibility...” - Stieg Larsson


Recently, I find time and make an effort to check on my investment portfolio, see whether any of them harbor hidden risks. I have not been managing and tracking them. After reviewing and with a little help from close friends, I decided to withdraw a sum of money from the EPF and invest in Islamic Dividend Fund. The issue offered was attractive and for investor like me, I will leave it to the fund managers to manage. The last 2 weeks my e-mail is updated with a comprehensive market review and outlook from DY Wealth Management Agency. I really have to find time to read the report and understand the charts.

In fact it is time to review my entire portfolio in planning for my retirement, which is not very long from now. In reality, it's difficult enough for me to plan anything just a few months ahead, like a vacation. So how on earth am I supposed to deal with something in the distant future - like retirement?

And last week, I made an appointment with Amanah Raya Berhad. I have decided to write a will…

No comments:

Post a Comment