About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 8 March 2006

Hello Mona Lisa...

“There is no dishonor in losing the race. There is only dishonor in not racing because you are afraid to lose…” - Garth Stein


Last weekend, recuperating at home was the best break I have ever had. I am not really that sick but I need the rest. With free time at hand, I could go on a spree, well deserved or otherwise but I prefer to stay at home and finish reading the Da Vinci Code. The story is about a murder in the Louvre and clues in Da Vinci paintings lead to the discovery of a religious mystery protected by a secret society for two thousand years, which could shake the foundations of Christianity.

What intrigued me is not so much of the story but the locations and scenes in Paris where the drama revolves. It triggers the excitement in me as it brought back sweet memories of our holiday in Paris in year 1999. It was our 20th Anniversary. We sat during sunset watching the huge billboard at the top of the Eiffel Tower showing the count down to the new Millennium.

And people, this May, I am going back to Paris for the Mint Directors Conference and would have the opportunity to visit those unforgettable famous places again. The post-conference agenda is even more exciting as the participants will spend 4 days in Bordeaux, South-west of France, famous for its vineyard and endless beaches. Vienna and Slovak will be next on my itinerary after the conference. Roger P is finalizing details of my visit to the two Mints. But over there, it will be work, work, work and work.

Argh… talk about slowing down my pace and avoid stressed activities…

My Travelogue: munmus.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment