About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 10 July 2006

Another mishap...

“It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept...”- Bill Watterson


Last night I didn’t watch the game between Italy and France to the end.

My blocked nose and backache was nagging me again. Took a couple of panadol and forced myself to sleep with the TV switched on at a very low volume. Once in a while I was awakened by the shouts from the living room. By the time I was drowsy and ready to sleep, the piercing 6 o’clock alarm woke me up.

From the bedroom window, the traffic along Jalan Kuching was looking ok and moving smoothly. I thought of going to office early this morning to prepare for the audit exit meeting. While I was cruising to get out of the car park, a white Satria reversed out of its parking space at top speed and hit my Spectra. The impact was very hard and for a moment I was shocked. The lady driver apologized profusely. We exchanged business cards and agreed that we do not have to lodge police report and she will pay for the repair.

When I reached office I was all stressed up. The accident and the nagging backache contributed to my foul mood. Sympathetic to my condition, Linda immediately called our resident doctor for an immediate appointment. As there was only one other patient, I didn’t wait for long before the doctor attended to my back. I underwent 15 minutes infra-red heat treatment to relax knotted muscles. I was also given muscle relaxant and pain killer.

The audit exit meeting was brief. I applied for half-day leave to settle things. When hubby sms, I told him what had happened. He came and we drove in two cars to Selayang. Thomas estimated that the repair will cost us around RM500 and the car will be ready in two days. Before going back to our Putramas apartment, we stopped at Pertama Komplex to choose kad jemputan. Hubby went back to office again after lunch. I and the kids drove to Klinik Gigi Sharifah Aminah in Gombak where Ella had her tooth temporarily crowned, which cost us RM300. And she was all smiles after that. While we were there, the rest of us had our teeth checked and polished too!

Back at the apartment, the kids merrily went for a swim and I happily straightened my back on the bed and dozed off while waiting for hubby to come home…

5 comments:

  1. take care kak nong, hopefully no more mishap..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kak nong ...kemalangan ni kalau nak terjadi memang tak boleh nak dielakkan...kalau kita berhati-hati orang lain pulak yang tidak...

    Okay kak nong...take care...moga selepas ini semuanya berjalan lancar.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trav & Lady,
    The inconvenience yang tak larat tu. Hopefully tak ada mishap lagi lepas ni. InsyaAllah... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Hazia. Time macam ni kalau boleh take time off from work and relax kan bagus...

    ReplyDelete