About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 20 March 2007

Seekor kerbau membawa lumpur…

"When you are right, no one remembers; when you are wrong, no one forgets..." - Irish proverb 


If I can endure the worst, I can withstand any thing.

For four days my officers and I were subjected to a grueling inquiry by the authorities following in-depth investigation on one of our contractors. Unlike others, who have to meet up with the investigation officers either at Bukit Aman or Bukit Perdana, I was lucky to be interviewed at one of the small meeting rooms, secluded and away from the disturbance of calls or meetings. A privilege extended to only a selected few.

The interview room, without any windows, is confined and disturbingly suffocating. I was usually not claustrophobic but with the statement taken ala interrogating style, made me went out of the room more often than necessary. The men were luckier as they were allowed smoking breaks at regular intervals. My breaks were limited to going to the wash room and stretching tired back-bones and knotted ligaments.

It is rather strange that many other officers from other departments – more high ranking and with respectable posts have yet to be called to give statements. With the recording of statements, rims of Xerox documents were filed and kept as evidence in case we were later called as witnesses. Policies and procedures were checked again and again to look for loop-holes and inconsistencies. It is hoped that lessons can be learnt from these episodes. It is only the beginning and we were bracing for the worst. The case may even get out of hand if not handled professionally.

If only more people in this world, particularly among the smart-assed, care to cultivate their sense of responsibilities, the world will be a much happier place for us all…

No comments:

Post a Comment