About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 25 April 2007

Into a high gear...

"We fear things in proportion to our ignorance of them..."


I thought I’ll do my errands later. Tomorrow is a public holiday, I thought I would have ample time to do my packing and change some foreign currencies. But when I saw the urgent message from Apau in the e-mail, I knew that I am in deep trouble. The Royal Nepal Airlines cancelled the flight on 28th and brought forward our flight to the 27th. I’m forced to take leave on Friday despite my packed schedule on that day.

I’ll be very busy today. Linda needs to apply for my leave, postpone Friday’s meetings and cancel my lunch appointment with the gang. I need Linda to run other errands too. Order walnut carrot cakes from Suanson for Iwan’s MIL and SIL, call the money changer to change some currencies and look for someone to replace me in the disciplinary panel.

The TPEC meeting finished very late. I stayed back to prepare some briefing notes for the boss. By the time I had completed and e-mailed the documents, it was almost 10 o’clock. Hubby was already at home and waiting for me to have dinner together.

I was tired and hubby was too. He almost, always fall sound asleep, while talking and reflecting. Sometimes, even when I wasn’t asleep I pretended to be, just to feel his arms around me.

Tonight I dreamt of us, walking hand-in-hand along the hippie trail, a guitar slung over his shoulder and flowers in our hair…

My Overseas Travelogue: munmus.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment