About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 6 April 2007

I'm pretty unfit...

"A healthy person is someone who expresses not represses what they feel..."


Yesterday I went for my annual medical check-up at PMC. When I arrived I was immediately ushered to the lab for urine and blood samples. Then to the Audio Room to test my hearing and later to Dr. P room for the pap-smear. The mammogram came next, followed by chest x-ray and ultra-sound of the abdomen.

I met hubby at the Executive room and we had breakfast together. I was made to fast since 10 o’clock last night and by this time I was famished. My medical check-up continued with the stress-test which I dread to do. The fright of last year’s Angiogram procedure still lingers in my mind. I cautiously walked on the treadmill. It took me less than 7 minutes before I felt painful pressure in my breathing that I thought my chest would explode. It took me an instant to realize that my fitness level is deteriorating…

Next week, I have an appointment with Dr. Ng for the full results of my medical check-up.

6 comments:

  1. my last was about a year ago, and several kilos less too..hehehe
    hope all is well :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping that everything will be ok too... Badan dah mula berat ni. Need to exercise more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been procrastinating on my medical since last year. just the thought of taking that papsmear is a real horror! sometimes i wonder is there no other way? leceh betul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intan,
    I used to be postponing my check-ups. Until only recently i've been deligently going for it yearly.

    At each check-up, i discovered new things about my anatomy. It's good to go. U don't want to be caught by surprise when it's too late kan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kak Nong, u just ask for a general medical check-up ke?
    If u don't mind me asking, how much did PMC (Pantai?) charge for it?:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazia,
    I went for the executive medical check-up which cost my organisation RM934. Included in the package are full array of tests - x-ray, mamogram, papsmear, ECG, ESP (urine & blood), lung-test, audiogram, ultra-sound of abdomen, vision test & stress test. If u ask for optional tests, they will cahrge accordingly.

    General medical check-up cost only RM300. Itu yang basic je...

    ReplyDelete