About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Saturday 14 April 2007

Old and fragile…

"My best friend and I, can do anything or nothing and still have a good time..."


After we kissed goodbye, I drove back to Melaka alone as hubby need to go to office for a meeting with his project team. The kids didn’t follow me as they have made plans earlier. Sara is joining her goonies to cheer for her friend Ninie, one of the participants in the Nescafe Kick-Start competition. Iwan and Ella are going to the PC fair.

Earlier this morning, I had a missed call from my mak’s handphone. I thought I would call her later but when my sister called, I know something is not right.

‘Kak, mak sakit. Dah seminggu dia terbaring. Makan pun tak lalu.Dia asyik sebut nama kau je. Balik lah kak…’

I drove very fast in the hot Saturday afternoon. I miss my mak. It’s been a while since I visited her. When I reached our kampung house, it was deserted and the door was ajar. I shouted my salam but no one answered. I walked in and went straight to my mak’s room. For almost 5 minutes I stood at the door and watched my mak slept, wrapped in the blanket up to her chin with my abah sleeping next to her, his hand holding my mak from behind.

I shed some tears watching them like this….

4 comments:

  1. harap mak nong cepat sembuh...aminnnnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lina,
    Alhamdulillah, she's recovering. Badan lemah pasal tak lalu makan.

    Mungkin sakit rindu pun ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. moments like these are definitely meant to be remembered!
    I'm glad your mum's recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intan,
    She's ok now, Alhamdulillah...

    ReplyDelete