About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 13 October 2010

Cruising the mighty Nile…

"Do people travel to get away from others or do they travel to get away from themselves?"

Over the years I have had plenty of first hand travelling experience with joy and fun in many destinations and dread and anxiety in a few. The truth is I am passionate to travel anywhere on earth and the feeling of dread and anxiety is mostly in the mind.

Today while clearing the drawers I found some scribbles in an old notebook relating to a trip to Egypt which we took in December, 1998. Reading them again, I realized that there are many more places in this mysterious land of pyramids and mummies with over 3000 years worth of history that we have not ventured.

We have to start packing our back-packs now. By next weekend we'll be away and spend almost two weeks in the land of the Pharaohs. And this time we are not going to miss cruising the mighty Nile between Cairo and Luxor, or maybe up to Aswan.

It is a unique trip of a life time, an experience I don't want to miss…

(1998 - Family trip to Cairo & Alexandria)

My Overseas Travel: munmus.blogspot.com

10 comments:

  1. Cruising the Nile must be great. Any plan to conquer the Amazon?

    I luv images of the phyramids ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. South America is in my travel wish list too.

    Will plan my next trip when I come back from visiting the pharoahs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best nya k nong..
    I thought of meeting hubby in Kinshasha,Congo this Nov.Hubby agreed.Tapi still there is this doubt about travelling to such destination.Should I go or not go...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madam,
    If i were you i would be excited to travel to Congo. At least you have yout hubby to meet you there...

    If I have the opportunity, I would love to travel across the heart of Africa and down the uncharted Congo River.

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a safe and pleasant journey puan, which i know u will enjoy it to the max...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tinie,
    I still have another week to work before my Nile trip.

    Hopefully I can finalise the moderation of department's Prime by then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you considered the fact that this might work another way? I am wondering if anyone else has come across something
    exactly the same in the past? Let me know your thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I envy those who have the time and the means to see places of great historical interests, and being able to have everything recorded.
    Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pakcik,
    I am all geared up for the trip. My only hope is that the trip will be fun and not hectic to the body.

    Hope the journey will give me a peace of mind too...

    ReplyDelete