About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Thursday 7 October 2010

Look back with no remorse...

"Just be yourself. Because life is too short to be someone else..."

My retirement date is coming close. While I take stock of my financial resources, am I really prepared psychologically?

I was smiling happy with myself while going through the long check-list of things to do before I leave the work place for good. Today my wallet felt a little lighter when I cancelled the corporate cards and Club membership. For now I am not sure whether or not I will be missing those privileges and benefits. For me, wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants. A side thought which seems superficial, and never really blends with or adds to my life style, renewed or discarded.

If I really want something, I will find a way. If I don't, I will find an excuse…

(My new ride - Kawasaki VN900)

11 comments:

  1. Zino,
    Tak lama lagi, sedang menghitung hari... he he

    Zino lambat lagi kut...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing better than to ride agaist the wind...is to ride against the wind on a black Kawasaki VN 900 tourer...congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. time, i wish i had plenty of
    caught in the swirl of madness
    dreams shoved away to a corner!

    i wish time comes to a standstill
    we’ll ride against the wind into the sunset
    and look back with no remorse…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Selamat bersara. EPF would not be happy though ...

    Once retired, do take your new baby onto the SILK/LEKAS highway and drop by at my place.

    mu fren.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tok Ngah,
    I have no plan to use my EPF so the fund will remain intact where it is. Am converting into a monthly annuity. No hassle, no worry, I am living a lifestyle so simply…

    Once in a while we’ll go for overseas/umrah trips and indulge in big-biking and 4x4 expedition… or just lepak at the chalet in our kebun…

    Where are all the gang? sunyi sepi.. miss them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yala ... where are all the gang? Anon1?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tok Ngah,
    Ada gu yg nak kawin kan anak lagi tak? Let's gather time tu...

    If not, about time to organise another reunion kan?

    ReplyDelete
  8. End of next year adalah, insyaallah -- my 3rd daughter.

    How I wish that 'all' friends could gather than.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At Summit re union again?
    mu

    ReplyDelete
  10. Count me in.

    Better get the gang together before end of year...

    ReplyDelete