About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 20 December 2010

Everything happens for a reason…

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it..." 

A morning in bed with nothing to do but read a story book, eating toasts spread with peanut butter, sounded like heaven to me. But today I woke up very early because I have a date with a few of my close friends.

I drove early in the hot humid morning expecting the constant chaotic traffic jam but I was surprised that the road was quite deserted. The normal uncertainty of daily life all combined to drive people to the edge of madness was not visible even though it was a Monday. My driving was not at its best in the rain. I arrived at Kota Warisan in a wet, overcast morning after fetching Bee and Sidah and later we went to the Salak Tinggi ERL station to fetch Kid.

We were too early but Sariah’s delicious cooking was ready for consumption. We mused over long forgotten stories and updated each other of life happenings. Those friends of mine have a lot to talk about, maintaining a façade that revealed nothing of their inner thoughts or feelings. But through their eyes I could see their emotion had been flushed out of the depths. The life that went on in its muted fashion, lay stranded and squirming in the subconscious mind buried long ago was once again unspooling. In the end, however, the pieces were starting to fall together.

(SMKB friends: Nong, Kid, Bee, Sariah and Sidah)

There is a saying: in life, we receive what we give. That all our actions reflect back upon us, either in this world or in the subsequent ones. All of us are subject to the law of karma, but we don't have to be imprisoned by it.

Remember, life is too short for regrets...

2 comments:

  1. Very quickly I browsed through your last few entries starting from here and somehow I feel the presence of a theme . Take the last four headnigs which read in chronological order:

    Everything happens for a reason
    Our thoughts are with you
    A new year, a new chapter
    Barrier of time

    If I were allowed to join them into one thought I would say something like this:
    What happened in our life in the past or in the present is not without a reason. We will go on reminiscing the past because we can never forget. A year has slipped past and hopefully we can start a new chapter and continue across the barrier of time.

    It is like the theme I have been having recently - reminiscing.

    Wish you and family all the best for your future. Let us all do our bits for the unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pak cik,
    If I think that my life is complicated, I should be thinking about those whose life is more thorny than mine. Some remain to stay in their placid demeanor and hide anger and resentment. At least I think I am not.

    If we can share what we are thinking, we will find a good sounding board and perhaps some good assistance. InshaAllah, we can deflect the undesirable elements of life when we put our mind to it…

    ReplyDelete