About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 7 December 2010

Tinged with sadness...

"The people who think they are happy should rummage through their dreams..." - Edward Dahlberg 

Even as a child she had lived her own small life all within herself.

Kid is one of my closest of friends, one of the BV gang. Kid was once a big part of my life for a long time, from standard one to form five. A part of me will always care for her, and she can never deceive nor lie to me. I felt a powerful kinship with her, an emotional bond that was tinged with a terrible sadness, recognition of the wound inside her that could never truly be healed. She was not on my radar for many years but hubby and I managed to track her in Wellington NZ. The last time I met her in KL was when her husband retired from the Consulate. I have not seen nor heard from her since.

And today is her birthday. Not being in contact in many years, I assumed that she is still using her old number. My birthday wish was not acknowledged till very late evening when I received a short reply from an unknown number.

All of sudden, this emotion stood between us, silently acknowledged perhaps but never articulated…

(BV friends forever)

Yesterday brought the beginning,
tomorrow brings the end,
and somewhere in the middle
we became the best of friends...

7 comments:

  1. Zino,
    Moga tahun baru hijrah membawa lebih barakah kepada kita.

    Salam...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Kid.

    The only BV that I do not have the opportunity to be closer despite being in the same schools from 1968 till 1977.

    May Allah bless her always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tok ngah,
    Yes, those young and innocent years, where have they gone to? When we were younger all we wanted to do was grow older so we can experience life.

    But once we are older we miss those beautiful childhood days.

    The rest of BV miss her too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there,

    Thanks for sharing the link - but unfortunately it seems to be not working? Does anybody here at musmun.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


    Thanks,
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

    - Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daniel,
    Je vous remercie beaucoup.

    Je n'écris ce qui est dans mon esprit et dans mon coeur ...

    ReplyDelete