About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 1 December 2010

Past, present and future...

"It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers..." - James Thurber
 
The day was full of sunlight and hope.

The whole day yesterday I was feeling miserable. The flu virus is attacking my every bone. There was no despondency when I fell asleep last night; nor was there anticipation of getting better when I awoke this morning.

A few close friends were supposed to join me at my spa late evening today but last minute decision was made to meet up early at the Lanai. Listening to some updates and new initiatives made me feel like I have been away for years. We mostly discussed about everything non-work related. As there were a few retirees among us, there were attempts to compare how much one is getting for gratuities, golden handshake and the like.

When asked about mine and my future plan, I answered questions with friendly evasiveness, not with any fixed idea to mislead them. Jokingly I told them that all sense of reality had gone out of my life. I have abandoned myself to fate, and awaited the consequences with indifference. The past was nothing to me as it offered no lesson which I am willing to heed. The present alone is significant and the future is a mystery which I would never attempt to penetrate.

(Array of silverware @ Lanai Kijang)

The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be…

2 comments:

  1. berjangkit dengan hana?
    hana tu memang suka menyebarkan virus demam huhuhuh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asyik gomol hana, tu sebab berjangkit dari dia. She's getting better, my sore throat is getting worst.

    ReplyDelete