About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 10 December 2010

No sense of order…

"The price one pays for pursuing any profession, is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side. What is needed is a sense of order and purpose..."

(Another case, another episode)

I woke up earlier than usual that morning. The sun had just slipped above the horizon, leaving the sky the color of fire when I drove out of the parking lot of my Putramas apartment.

The meeting with the lawyers was brief. By now the lawyers would have memorized the details and would have been able to prepare the affidavit for me to sign. Without proper documentations my memory is blank. If I could induce a complete enough silence in my conscious mind, it is possible that a memory lost would appear to fill the space. To make things worse, my subpoena could not be located. And how am I to attend the court case without that piece of blue paper.

Anger is an indulgence I could not afford now...

No comments:

Post a Comment