About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Thursday 20 January 2011

Thailand: Riding across the border...

"I don't regret the things I've done. I regret the things I didn't do when I had the chance..."

(Malaysia-Thailand border check point)

Despite the recent and ongoing troubles in the South of Thailand I have to say it is still very safe for us to visit this small border town of Betong, nicknamed 'A Town in the Mist with Beautiful Flowers'.

(Disciplined reliable Marshalls)

On 15 January 2011, we joined the convoy of more than 50 bikers and crossed the Malaysia-Thailand border for a one-night stay in Betong. Betong is in a district of Yala Province, situated in the southernmost Thailand in Sankalakhiri mountain range. It borders the Malaysian states of Kedah and Perak. Its terrain is mostly mountainous and hilly with forested plateaus. About 1,900 feet above sea level, 140km from Yala and 1,224km from the capital city of Bangkok.

(The lady bikers - pretty & tough)
(Lunch break @ Tasik Raban)
(Close convoy via Nenering)
(Getting ready to ride home)
(Group photo in front of Butterfly Princess Hotel, Betong)
(Mishap of two young bikers)

My Overseas Travelogue: Betong Trip

6 comments:

  1. Wah..adventurous nya kak Nong ni..Tak sakit pinggang ke kak dok atas bike for hours..
    Any way a beautiful way of spending time together with hubby kan after retirement..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madam,
    After awhile our bodies get used to long distance riding. But in a convoy like this we will stop for refuelling and have ample time to rest...

    Riding and 4x4 trips are quite relaxing and therapeutic to the body and mind...

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my life I have had not more than half a dozen pillion rides on some small machines - and how scared I was on each time it took a corner. And today I can only marvel those superbikers zooming past on the motorways. I am sure it is fun for you but too late for me even to give it a try. But I have my fun too to while away my time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pak Cik,
    Riding on a cruiser/easy rider is quite a wonderful experience. The general rule is that we ride safe and well geared with safety jackets, gloves and protective riding boots. When we are in a convoy, we have to abide with the rules and not getting ourselves into situations that jeopardize our well being and others.

    I was into biking since Form 5 back in the early 70’s. When we were in our first year in college, I remember using all of our scholarship monies to buy us a second hand motorbike when it was supposed to buy us text books and food. And all of my children (and menantus) were into biking too when they were in college.

    Remember, I lost a son in a road accident 5 years ago? And I am glad that the other children are into cars (fast and furious?) now…

    ReplyDelete
  5. Akihiro,
    Thanks bro. You ride safely too ok...

    ReplyDelete