About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Saturday 1 December 2012

Momento from Morroco (2012)

"He who has nothing to die for, has nothing to live for..." - Moroccan Proverb

(Cute lipstick containers) 

The Moroccan Tajine Pots

A tajine is a North African Berber Arabic dish which is named after the earthenware pot in which it is cooked.

The traditional tajine pottery, sometimes painted or glazed, consists of two parts: a circular base unit that is flat with low sides and a large cone- or dome-shaped cover that sits on the base during cooking. The cover is designed to return all condensation to the bottom.

Tajine is traditionally cooked over hot charcoal leaving an adequate space between the coals and the tajine pot to avoid having the temperature rise too quickly. Large bricks of charcoal are used, specifically for their ability to stay hot for hours.

I wished to buy a Tajine Pot when I visited the market place in Marakesh in November 2012 but it was much too big. Instead, I bought three cute miniture Tanjine Pots which were actually lipstick containers.

My Overseas Travelogue: munmus.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment