About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 1 January 2014

Pantai Siring Anjung Batu...

“In this life we cannot always do great things. But we can do small things with great love...” - Mother Teresa

(Pulau Besar and surrounding islands)

The morning of the first day of 2014 was spent watching the sunrise from one of the secluded beaches along the Straits of Malacca.

Pantai Siring Anjung Batu is situated just at the back of my parents house in Kampung Sri Minyak Melaka. It is assessible through the same small coastal road to the Anjung Batu Ferry Terminal. It is now a popular place for recreational activities.

(With my sister Amah, testing the water)
(Large granite rocks along the beach)

It was still school holidays and there were many people coming for a picnic and a dip in the sea. Joggers and cyclers occupy the small road along the beach as early as 6:00 o’clock in the morning. The beach used to be a mangrove swamp until recently developed and the muddy beach is piled with large granite rocks. There is a small strip of sandy beach among the mangrove trees if you want to swim in the cold sea water.

(Picnic area in the mangrove)
(Taking a dip in the cold water)
One can enjoy the view of the Straits of Malacca from the beach. There are scattered fisherman boats and a few private kelongs which are available for rental.

A few famous Ikan Bakar restaurants are located along the beach from Anjung Batu up to Serkam but they are open from 6:00 pm to way after midnight.
 
(A private Kelong off-shore)
(A belangkas on the rock)

No comments:

Post a Comment