About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 5 January 2014

Kelantan: Riding in the rain...

“Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out...” - John Wooden


Here comes the rain again
Falling on my head like a memory
Falling on my head like a new emotion
I want to walk in the open wind
I want to talk like lovers do
I want to dive into your ocean
Is it raining with you?...

When we started riding the weather was fine.

The sun was shining bright when we rode the winding road to Gua Musang from Simpang Pulai through Lojing. We had nasi kukus lunch in Gua Musang and performed our prayers at the mosque. On the way to Kota Bharu it started to rain heavily. Riding in the rain can be anything from frightening to fun when the road is wet and slippery. It stopped raining when we reached Kota Bharu. We stayed the night at a studio apartment at The Chantique Villa.

(Gua Musang Mosque, Masjid Tg Muhammad Faiz Petra)
(The Chantique Villa Apartment)

Early next morning we went to the old polis flat at Wakaf Mek Zainab. I used to live there for almost 20 years with my parents and that was where dear hubby and I got married . Although run down and long vacated, the old flat was still standing strong. It is a nostalgic place full of sweet memories of my younger years. After some photo shots, we rode on the coastal road towards Kuala Terengganu.

(Flat Polis Wakaf Mek Zainab)
(Tok Bali Bridge)

We stopped for a short rest under the Tok Bali bridge for some photo shots. We had a light lunch at Rhu Sepuluh Beach and later took the new highway towards the junction to Bukit Besi and rode on the trunk road to Jabur where we entered the Kuantan-Karak highway.

We met with Hj Helmi and a few of the Kuantan bikers at Maran interchange and later had some snacks and drinks at Gambang R&R. It was already dark when we started riding back towards KL.

We reached our Putramas Apartment safely around 10:00 pm.

(Meeting the Kuantan Bikers)

Route taken: KL - Simpang Pulai - Lojing - Gua Musang - KB - Tok Bali - KT - 
Bukit Besi - Muktafi Billah - Jabur - Karak - KL
Total mileage: 1262 km 

No comments:

Post a Comment