About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Thursday 29 November 2018

Nursing my frozen shoulder...

"Health is like money, we never have a good idea of its value until we lose it..." - Josh Billings

(Waiting for the Orthopaedic Surgeon)

The last time I visited the Orthopaedic Surgeon was in March 2017.

I was diagnosed with impingement of nerves at my 4th and 5th lumbar. I was advised to undergo a surgical procedure to correct the condition but I refused. After loads of pain killers, muscle relaxants, hot gel rub and after a few physiotherapy sessions, the pain stopped as mysteriously as it started.

This time around, I experienced stiffness and pain in my right shoulder joint. I tried a  deep muscle massage but the pain worsen. It was worst at night when I sleep on my right side and put pressure on my bad shoulder. The doctor injected corticosteroid into my shoulder joint. It was supposed to have a numbing effect but the nagging pain had limited the movement of my right hand.

A follow up visit will be in five days time to assess the effect of the jab.

No comments:

Post a Comment