About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 3 February 2019

Orang Asli Bkt Lagong Gotong Royong...

"When you give someone charity be thankful to them. You may be fixing their dunyia, but they are fixing your akhirah..."

(An Orang Asli teenager at her house)

The Muslimah of Masjid At-Tayyibin Taman Bidara organised a Sunday gotong royong and Charity Program at the Orang Asli settlement in Bukit Lagong, not very far from our Bidara house.

For the gotong royong, 30 Musimah gathered at Surau At-Taqwa of Bukit Lagong around 10.00 am and together with the Orang Asli Muslimah we learned to cook some of  the Orang Asli delicacies such as Ayam Buluh, Kerabu Bunga Kantan, Masak Lemak Labu and many other delicious dishes.

After we performed Zohor prayer berjemaah and had lunch, we had the opportunity to purchase durian fruits freshly collected from the nearby dusun at a reasonable price.

(A newly renovated Surau at-Taqwa)
(A group photo of the Muslimah)
(Helping prepare for the dishes for lunch)
(Chicken cooked in bamboos)
(Lunch with Muslimah of Bukit Lagong)
(Some of the Orang Asli delicacies)
(Buying durian fruits to bring home)

No comments:

Post a Comment