About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 20 February 2019

My bad tooth - Comfortably numb...

"Some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word..." - George R.R. Martin

(Still holding on strong)

Three years ago I did a root canal treatment to repair and save one of my teeth. My dentist did a good job to stop further damage to the tooth.

During breakfast this morning while eating a bowl of cereal, I chewed on one hard object and realised that it was a chip from one of my teeth. When I called my Dental Clinic for an appointment I was lucky to be asked to just walk in as there were three appointments cancellation this morning.

Because the enamel chip was small, my dentist repaired the damage, inserted a pin and filled the gap with tooth-coloured composite resin bonding. According to her, sooner or later that particular tooth may need to be removed if it is far too compromised. The dentist recommended an extraction, followed by a dental implant to replace what was lost. 

I will do nothing for now. I will decide on the fate of that bad tooth on my next appointment, which is in six month's time...

No comments:

Post a Comment