About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Thursday 17 November 2005

Sabah flue...

“Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life...” – Michael Palin


It was coming to the end of the year and what a time to get sick.

When we came back from KK, I was feeling feverish and tired. I thought it was the aftermath of a long holiday. But when my eyes started to water and mucus drooling from the nose, I realized that I have contracted some sort of virus. The fever became worst at night and the coughing unbearable.

It the office, colleagues shooed me off from meetings and discussion sessions. I kept minimum contact with staff and visitors. Quarantined and confined to my room, I looked through some drafts and cleared the over-flowing in-tray. Lunch dates and planned rendezvous were either cancelled or postponed to another dates.

The residence doctor advised me to go home and rest. She prescribed a load of medications and granted me 2 days MC. I couldn’t recall when was the last time I was on medical leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment