About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 28 April 2010

Sick to the bone…

"I am just not in a generally good frame of health now..."


I don’t really fall sick very often but when it happens it can be scary.

I started having high fever while we were travelling down south. It got worse when everyone was complaining of warm humid night, I was shivering and rattling bones under the thick blanket. Agonising pain numbed my senses. It was not only the fever that made me go nuts, the throat was inflamed raw and made it hard even to swallow my own saliva. The high fever prolonged for several days. When my blood sample was taken for further test, I was expecting the worst. For a moment there, I thought I had H1N1 or dengue fever But when the result came and the doctor declared that I only have normal flu and bad tonsillitis, I was overly relieved.

The bad throat is still swelling, I guess it just may take me a while to taste good food again…

5 comments:

  1. penat kenduri kot.. masa utk berehat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Panas panas ni dok minum air ais saja, ini antara ganjaran nya...sakit tekak dan tonsil bengkak...bila dah macam ni badan jadi panas dan sakit nya sampai ke tulang...saya tau macam mana sakit sebab pernah rasa...sejuk menggigil sebab kuman dah masuk ke sendi sendi..ubat nya ..kena makan antibiotik laa ..lepas tu dapat satu jap untik hilang kan sakit...berehat lah kak...Penat tu...apa lagi selepas kenduri kendara ni....abang Mus..tolong lah urut urut kan kak nong niii....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zino,
    Nak kata penat, bukan buat apa2 pun. Ini mesti exotic virus menyerang... Mungkin dah time untuk pergi bercuti! he he...

    *****
    Ezzah,
    Betul tu. First few days demam panas badan rasa macam ketuhar. Temperature tinggi tapi whole body menggigil kesejukan. Entah apa virus yang masuk dalam sendi ni.

    Now fever dah reda, tinggal sore throat belum baik lagi...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time to rest n maybe the body needs a quiet vacation sis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madam,
    Maybe the body is too old and the bones too brittle for all the excitement.

    May need to go for a vacation and rejuvenate...

    ReplyDelete