About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 9 June 2010

Yesterday is history…

"The mess on my table is simply a reflection of what’s going on in my mind..."


I am one meticulous person.

When the secretary offered to help clear some files from my table, I declined politely telling her I will do my own spring-cleaning. That was last month. Beginning of week, I started reshuffling papers and rearranging the piles on my table but the stacks were getting higher than before. I certainly don’t have it figured out yet but I am determined to clear the mess.

Pushing hard until I reach my goal is always tough, but quitting is even tougher. And my back is complaining again. While clearing the drawers I found old diaries dated way back in the 80’s. Before end of the day, I gave up and told the secretary direct and unapologetic to leave the mess as is. And I started reading my old diaries from cover to cover.

It’s exciting and satisfying, but I’m not entirely sure why…

4 comments:

  1. old entries in diaries reveal intriguing pasts, mesmerising us with thoughts, deeds and ifs...now that we have the benefit of hindsight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our life is so unlike our dreams. The things we least imagine are what happen. Love, pleasure, pain, the sadness of life’s passing are strangers that we met along the way…

    Yet, still we dream and hope for something better, and pray that no catastrophe comes near...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam Kak Nong,
    Lama tak buka blog akak..
    Fulamak..cantiklah kereta baru akak.
    Bilalah I nak own one,rasanya dlm mimpi je kut.
    Anyway,hope your back getting better..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madam,
    I was in KB from Thursday through the weekend and met with a lot of long lost friends. I wish i can meet up with you but time is too short....

    My back is getting better... TQ

    ReplyDelete