About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 7 June 2010

One fine lady...

"Life is a mystery. Don't waste time trying to figure it out..."

I was one notorious, naughty girl back then in the hostel. I was always in the black book of the warden and nearly got thrown out of the hostel and the school if not for one “sister’ who protected and took care of me.

Today I met with Kak Aini Ramly my long lost ‘sister’ who I have not seen since 1973. When I heard that she’s in KL for the weekend, I drove to her daughter’s apartment at Danau Kota to meet her for the first time in more than 35 years. I nearly broke down in tears when she hugged me tightly in silence. No words could describe the feelings of that moment. I missed her so much and suddenly realize how this fine lady had helped nurture and mold me to be who I am now.

(Kak Aini - still pretty and sweet)

Our sisterhood was a wonderful relation that was respected and adored. Our friendship knew no boundaries, no discrimination. We shared happiness and sorrow and stood by each other in our worst times too.

No comments:

Post a Comment