About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 9 September 2018

Rojak Bellamy, the legacy of a simple tasty dish....

“I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was...” - Muhammad Ali

(Tasty and filling)

Today was the first time we visited the famous Rojak Belamy Restaurant.

In the early 1940s, the late Mohamed Yuni used to sell his rojak kandar on foot from house to house. He had loyal customers who waited for his tasty rojak regardless of the weather. For his perseverance and hard work, he managed to buy a motorcycle to continue his rojak business. His rojak has become popular and well-known amongst the locals.

His legacy is now taken over by his nephews, Mohd Husin and Mohd Jacob. The Rojak Restaurant is situated at Jalan Bellamy next to the Pernama building. Most of the loyal Rojak Bellamy’s customers come here for its nostalgic memories and to enjoy varieties of other dishes.

(The early crowd at Rojak Bellamy)

No comments:

Post a Comment