About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Thursday 5 August 2010

The suspense is killing me...

"Almost any man knows how to earn money, but not one in a million knows how to spend it..." - Thoreau

If it was a scam, it may not strip me of all my savings but it sure stripped me of my pride.

This year I have been receiving quite a few of those e-mails either asking for donations or assistance. Yes, I should have just ignored and deleted them, but just like everybody else, I wanted to contribute no matter how little, even though I was forewarned that con men preyed on unsuspecting individuals, like me.

This morning when I received an urgent distress sms from YB asking me to transfer some money into her account, I was obliged to assist as she’s in Lojing and unable to perform the transaction from there. I called her after I made the transfer but her line was dead. And I was beginning to get worried.

I am constantly avoiding being gnawed on. But fraud is a reality that you will have to live with and beware….

(Scammers are everywhere!)

3 comments:

  1. Our subconcious mind is a natural defense system, and would normally trigger emotional responses to distress calls...these scammers take full advantage of such responses, and would structure their mails to ensure transactions made fast and beneficiary could not be communicated. Lets face it, if I am cash strapped, I would personally 'call' for help...instead of emailing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am frustrated too by all of the scams, spam and other junk I see every day on the Internet and in my email box. I do wish I had a way to know -- for sure -- what's real and what's not. My advice: Be skeptical, be wary.

    And last night, there’s something that put a smile on my face. I saw YB’s posting on the fb wall. It was her alright!

    Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merci. Je ne pense pas que j'ai besoin d'une assurance pour la fraude.

    À moins que je suis un imbécile.

    ReplyDelete