About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Thursday 26 August 2010

Looking at the stars...

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..."

It has been a long time since I get in touch with old friends. I guess everyone was busy with their own private commitments. Until today when Doc Yus sent a simple e-mail asking how is everyone. I saw a barrage of e-mails from others. And of course, from their responses I know that they are still alive and kicking. Although there was little indication of allusion to vigor and vivacity from any of those friends of mine, but I am glad to hear from them.

This morning I was about to say my ‘Amen’ a bit more loudly when I received a short sms from a friend after a long silence. He was hospitalized and is now recuperating after undergoing a major operation. My prayers are for him and for those friends who are suffering from sickness or poor health. I never doubt that Allah in his mercy will surely hear me and say ‘yes’ to my prayers. Except for my occasional body aches here and there, I thank God that I am in the best of health.

I am looking at the sky now. if I could kiss the stars, trust me, that would be the first thing I would do...

(Two moons on 27 August?)

6 comments:

  1. A simple 'Hi, how are you...' may seem blase greeting to most of us preoccupied with daily routines, but when our eyes suddenly lit up, and the smile start to form, we know deep in our heart the real value of true friendship...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kak.. kesihatan yang baik itu adalah anugerah yang paling bernilai...

    Sakit2 yang kecil2 itu adat bila usia dah meningkat...

    Dan kepada yang sedang menghadapi apa jua penyakit...semoga diberikan lebih kesabaran...dan segera sembuh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe things change and so do people. Friends left and some just stop being friends. Some you can never hold on, so learn to let go.

    But some just stay and hold you 'till the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aNie,
    Biasa lah bila usia dah meningkat badan kita akan didatangi pelbagai penyakit. And I have lost many friends who were much younger than me...

    Healthy life style can help us age well and grow old gracefully, insyaAllah....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sapa yg baru lepas operation? Apa pun, let's all pray for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tok Ngah,
    He's a close friend of BigV. Diagnosed with colon cancer, and doctor removed the infected part. We pray for his fast recovery.

    You must take care of your health too bro...

    ReplyDelete