About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 3 August 2010

I feel like screaming…

"With out a little strife wouldn't life be quite dull?..."

Very often when we discussed about the necessity to protect important data, we reminded everyone in the department to back-up their files. And lately everyone has been uploading reports, working files and important articles in the department centralized repository databank. I, for one, am very careful with my working files and absolutely understand that corrupt data happens, hard drives will fail, and mistakes will erase data. And I, like the rest, have been diligently backing-up my files into my external drive.

This morning, when I was doing my regular disk clean up to clear some space, instead of deleting files from my pc I have deleted files from my external drive. Like most people, I only think about a second back-up a few seconds after the catastrophic action and it's too late to do any good. One thing I've found that is sure to bring tears. I have deleted even my many years of historical files.

So, I am going to save myself a little heartache and lost time now and start to back up my data again. Heaven knows how much misery it cost me this time.

It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.…

(Hana screaming her heart out)

9 comments:

  1. Alahai kak...kalau anie jadi akak pun akan merasa sedih bila semua data2 file yang telah lama disimpan hilang dlm sekelip mata...dan tidak dpt diselamatkan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those that are kept in the mind are more meaningful, and do not require the assurance of man made devices, for them to remain pristine, precious and eternal....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anie,
    They said, anything that can go wrong will go wrong. If there is a worse time for something to go wrong, it is now!

    Aarrrggghhhh…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lingering joys are measured by moments that take your breath away.

    The tide recedes, but leaves behind bright seashells on the sand,
    The sun goes down, but gentle warmth still lingers in the land…

    The music stops, and yet it echoes on in sweet refrains,
    For every joy that passes, something beautiful remains…

    ReplyDelete
  5. while updloading, ensure that yr yahoo mail and FB are log-out. otherwise. yr mind wanted to del something but yr fingers did something else. kah kah kah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't take pleasure in other people's misery. Things don't happen to you yet.

    So don't laugh too loud...

    ReplyDelete
  7. hana sangat cecet dalam gambar ni huhuh...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sara,
    That's her silent scream when she's overly excited. Takde bunyi lansung. Nampak anak tekak jer...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

    ReplyDelete