About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 25 November 2013

A stroke of luck...

"You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted..." - Ruth E. Renkl

(Intensive Care Unit for the heart)

We were in Betong, Thailand when we heard about the news.

Shah, my brother-in-law had a minor stroke and was being hospitalized in Damansara Medical Center. Shah is hubby’s eldest brother, only a year older.

Despite its name, a minor stroke is a major cause of alarm. The symptoms for a stroke regardless whether it’s a major or a minor are the same and both require immediate hospitalization. According to the diagnosis, the blood supply to the brain is interrupted, causing a variety of symptoms.

When we visited him, despite being sedated after the MRI procedure, he was all energetic and excited to narrate his experience which caused his vital readings to go haywire.

We left him to rest, we’ll pray and hope that he will be his own self again in no time...

(A quiet corridor to the CICU)

No comments:

Post a Comment