About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 24 November 2013

Thailand: Betong ride, a brief escapade...

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart..."

(It was raining at the border)

What does weekend mean to you? is it sleeping in till the sun is high in the sky, or watching a marathon of movies on Astro tv channels? or just lying on the sofa re-reading old story books?

When someone suggested to ride to Betong, Thailand on Saturday and back on Sunday, the idea seems odd at first. But an escape away from the hustle bustle of the city and a chance to be away from the mundane routine daily chores attracted quite a number of takers.

Betong, a small border town a few kilometers from Pengkalan Hulu offers no major tourist attractions but bikers find it to be a good destination for a short break.

As for us, from day-break to day end we seek for a peace of mind and find solace in each others company, that's all...

(Betong Immigration Complex)

Date: 23 -24 Nov 2013

Route taken: KL - Pengkalan Hulu - Betong - KL
Total mileage: 900 km
Bikers gang: Mus/Mun, Munawar/Rose, Aman/Rohayah, Hayami/Siti, Kong/Wife, Shawal, Taufik, Zali, Rozlan, Nawi and 4 others

My Overseas Travel blog: munmus.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment