About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Saturday 5 September 2020

Masjid Mukim Razaleigh Gua Musang...

“The life of this world is merely enjoyment of delusion...” - Quran 3:185

(The mosque is next to Sungai Galas)

Masjid Mukim Razaleigh is believed to have been built before the 1940s using wooden structures. This mosque is also the main town mosque and the first in Gua Musang before the construction of the Tengku Muhamad Faiz Petra Mosque. The mosque also witnessed the atrocities of communist control of Malaya where a pregnant woman was killed by communist soldiers and buried next to the mosque. After massive renovation and expansion of the mosque more than half a century ago, the grave is now situated in the main prayer room and never relocated. In the past, this grave was fenced and can be seen clearly. On the recommendation of a mufti, this grave was covered with a wooden cabinet so as not to disturb the focus of the congregation who pray in this mosque. The mosque was inaugurated by Tengku Razaleigh Tengku Hamzah, the Minister of Finance then and later named after him. 

(The first mosque in Gua Musang)
(A cabinet to cover the grave. Source: Google)

No comments:

Post a Comment