About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 6 September 2020

Pahang: Food Hunt in Raub...

"Lack of money is no obstacle. Lack of an idea is..." - Ken Hakula

(Patin goreng with sambal tempoyak)

We started a little late from Gua Musang. 

By the time we reached Raub it was already noon and time to look for a place for lunch. We planned to have lunch at Restoran Pak Engku King but it was closed. We noticed many eateries along the route were closed because of the Movement Control Order.

(Restoran Pak Engku King is closed)
(Full house at Restoran Azmi Ikan Stim Tempoyak)

We drove on and stopped at Restoran Azmi Ikan Stim Tempoyak not very far from Raub town. As it was lunch time, the restaurant was quite packed. After scanning My Sejahtera and body temperature we managed to secure a table away from the crowd. They have rearranged the tables to comply with the SOP for social distancing.

The specialty of the restaurant is of course the yummy Patin Steamed Tempoyak. One can either choose from a wide variety of ready cooked dishes or pick from the menu.

(A poster on the wall)

No comments:

Post a Comment