About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Thursday 25 May 2006

A get together...

“I suppose if we couldn't laugh at the things that don't make sense, we couldn't react to a lot of life...” - Bill Watterson


Today I had lunch with Kak Ani. Kak Ani was my senior in Sultan Ismail College, Kota Bharu and now she’s the senior Librarian of UIA. I have not met her since more than 30 years ago, since our time together in the hostel in Kota Bharu. I was in my form 5 and she was in Upper six. Back then she was our ‘Big Sister’. Looking after us and most of the time covering for our mischief. Back then, we were very naughty but good at heart..

Earlier this week I arranged for a small get together with old friends. We decided to meet up at Crown Princess where Ad is attending a seminar. So on Wednesday, I fetched Senator Ubai at the Parliament after office. We met Adilah in Room 3111 and ordered McD meals while waiting for the rest. Nik Fauziah came later and brought with her karipap segera from Kelantan. Nik Aminah missed the junction to the hotel and was caught in the jam. She arrived just in time for us to solat magrib together. While eating our Mc D meals, we updated each other and exchange news and watch old photos and read friends blogs together and had lots of laughs. It's a pity Bee couldn’t join us tonight.

Later that night we said goodbyes. I drove Senator Ubai to Subang to her cousin’s house to say hello to her aunties then sent her to Taman Melewar. It was already midnight when I drove back alone to Putramas.

4 comments:

  1. Kak Nong, sound like you and the girls had a wonderful get together..seronok kan? I can't wait to go home and do same with my old friends. Pray for me so that you go home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey nong, this is a kunjungan balas from me. sure had a blast with the girls. like you dolu-dolu picture, betcha I do have a picture with that pose too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. girls night out..bestnya...nothing is a fantastic as meeting up old friends n gossiping huh? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AM,
    Memang seronok bila jumpa kawan2 lama. I first met them again last year after more than 30 years' separation. Dulu2 masa kat hostel tidur satu katil tu… Tempat jatuh lagi dikenang…

    I’ll pray for you to succeed and come home soon… Jangan jumpa kawan lama je, kawan baru pun kena jumpa :)

    *** ***

    Mama,
    Yeah… when we met there’s no boundary between us. Like we were transported back in the 70’s… (antique nye!). Bila anak2 tengok gambar I zaman woodstock, terkejut!

    Tak sangka mak dorang pun rock!

    *** ***

    Simah,
    Got carried away kalau jumpa geng2 lama. When we were young, we used to confide with each other. We laugh and cry together. No secrets between us…

    Now that we’re old, there are a lot more to share…

    ReplyDelete