About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 28 May 2006

Apples of my eyes...

'"In life we want to have the best for us and our children..."

(Iwan, Sara and Ja @ Starbucks, KL Sentral...)

Hubby and I came from poor families. We have seen our parents sacrificed a lot to send us to school and later to college for further studies. They did not have savings and the only means of income was from our fathers’ meager salary received at end of month. Some how we managed to survive and become what we are now.

When hubby and I got married, we promised that we want a better life for us and our children. On the day our children were born, we opened a Tabung Haji saving account for each of them and started with small monthly deduction from our salary. Over the years, alhamdulillah our rezeki melimpah, and the children’s savings grew too and we diversified their investments in ASB as well.

Our initial plan was to use these funds for their education when they enter the U. When each of them reached the age of 18, their savings had reached the amount that could pay for their course and tuition fees, estimated to be around RM15k annually for 5 years. Somehow, again Alhamdulillah, with their good results they entered varsities and were awarded scholarships and grants. We even allowed them to buy their cars in cash during their first year in varsities. We have provided enough for them and the money is theirs to use.

Earlier this year, I met a friend in Amanah Raya and that has set in motion for me to write a will. Between me and him and with consultation with the 3 children (arwah Ja was still around then). We’ve decided that Sara, our eldest daughter, will get our Westminster Park Putramas Apartment. Iwan, our second son, will get the Mandy Villa Apartment and we want Ja, our youngest son, to stay in the 5-bedroom terrace house in Taman Bidara. And I have also mentioned in my will that the tanah dusun in Sungai Rambai, Sungai Baru and Pedas will be divided equally between the 3 of them.

Now that Ja is no more around, I’ve yet to change my will…

Dear Ja, mak miss you so very much…

10 comments:

  1. Kak Nong, thanks for sharing what you have done for your children. I envy you and hubby. Generally I observed those who come from poor family, they work hard and blessed with so much rezeki when comes to their own family. It is really blessing from HIM.

    Sure, I will not forget new friends. You are one of them. Balik nanti I will cari you. New friend are the one who help me to be strong at the present moment while many old friend I had lost touched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nong...satu langkah bijak untuk anak2 zaman sekarang yang mana masuk je U kene bayar ribu2...

    Dan alhamdullillah..anak2 mendapat biasiswa...namun duit yang disimpan dpt digunakan untuk perkara lain yang berfaedah...

    Nong...sayu rasa hati bila nong sebut rindu pada arwah Ja....

    Tak dpt bayangkan betapa rasa kehilangan itu..tapi sabar A & doa akan banyak membantu...Insyaallah

    ReplyDelete
  3. AM,
    Alhamdulillah pada rezeki yang ada. Allah has given us so much, We're not asking for more. Only my doa for the children to be anak2 soleh and solehah. And for me to be a good mother to them and a good wife to my hubby.

    Looking forward to your home-coming.

    *** ***

    Lady,
    Kita kena ajar anak2 berjimat cermat dan jangan boros sejak muda2 lagi. Kalau dorang tengok kita susah payah untuk kesenangan dorang muga2 mereka akan buat yang sama untuk anak2 mereka nanti.

    Bila rasa rindu pada Ja, hati ini terasa macam dihiris…

    ReplyDelete
  4. MasyaAllah is all i can say...*hugs*..and Al-fatihah to arwah ja..dah lama ka dia pulang ke rahmatullah

    ReplyDelete
  5. bila kita datang dari keluarga yg kurang berada kita dapat rasa betapa susah nya org tua kita dulu bekerja siang malam utk membesarkan dan memberi pelajaran kepada kita.

    dan sekarang giliran kita utk merencanakan kehidupan anak anak pula.. kita tentu tidak mau mereka melalui zaman zaman sukar waktu kita kecil dulu.. dengan harapan mereka hidup bahagia dan tidak melupakan org tua mereka..

    utk arwah Ja..al-fatihah...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kak Nong,

    Moga2 arwah Ja dicucuri rahmatNya, InsyaAllah...

    Maklang pun tengah nak invest jugak duit anak2 supaya by the time mereka masuk U, InsyaAllah...senang lah sikit nak biaya....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kak Nong, aruah Ja will always stays in your heart. I am sure he is so proud having you as his mom.

    Never I mentioned to you when I first introduced to your blog, I read all abt yr previous entry and abt Ja. I kept looking at his pics which Sara posted after his demise. Deep down in my heart I can feel your sadness as a mother as I tried to put myself on yr shoes, but I think for sure I envy you as a person who have a strong patience. Every time you mention hw much you miss Ja in some entry, I can't help it but to feel the sadness too. I tried to ignore it. What I learn, as a mother, our bonding with our children is endless. May Ja rest in peace. You take care, Kak Nong!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simah,
    Ja is my youngest son. He passed away in a road accident on 19 March 2006 at the age of 20. It has been over 2 months now but my heart still hurts…

    *** ***

    Zino,
    Kita bukan harapkan balasan dari anak2. Tapi kalau dorang tu nak balas jasa kita, apa salahnye 

    *** ***

    Maklang
    Elok tu kalau buat early investment untuk masa depan budak2 tu. Senang kita nanti. Bukan senang nak cari duit dalam sekelip mata…

    *** ***

    AM
    Kasih ibu pada anak sangat mendalam... U take care too…

    ReplyDelete
  9. hugs..hugs..hugs..
    if u need to let out ur sadness..u know that we in the blogger world will be so forever ready to hear ur cry of pain ..hugs..hug..hugs..u take care ok?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simah,
    Thank you. Hugs... You take care too...

    ReplyDelete