About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Thursday 18 May 2006

Tie-the-knot...

"Why be afraid of tomorrow when today is all we have?..."


I was away from the office for more than 2 weeks and I could imagine the backlog of reports and drafts piling on my table. First thing to do is to clear my e-mails. I guess it will take days for me to reply and clear the mails.

Work wise I am not too concern as it can be delegated :) I am more concern on the preparation for Iwan and Ella’s Akad Nikah ceremony this Sunday. We have agreed with Ella’s parents that the akad nikah will be at a mosque in Setiawan at 3 p.m. and the jamuan will be ala high-tea after the ceremony.

Check list on things to do:
a. to remind Iwan to withdraw from his ASB for duit hantaran, the amount already fixed during bertunang dulu.
b. to change the duit Mas kahwin into brand new notes.
c. to check with Ella’s parents whether the duit hantaran is to be in cash or cheque.
d. to check with our siblings how many cars to follow the rombongan pengantin.
e. to fetch mak and abah from Melaka if no one is joining the rombongan from there.

Excited jugak nak terima menantu ni ye….

8 comments:

  1. Nong,

    I tumpang excited dengar cerita. Very soon will be another new addition to the family! Wish that all preparation and the event go wonderful and smooth.

    Congratulation to mom-in-law to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nong...amboi ..dah nak terima menantu dah kawan kita ni....tentu seronok kan...bukan pengantin je berdebar-debar...mak mertua pun berdebar jugak ni...

    Wish that everything will run smoothly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. nong, thanks for sharing the travelogue on your blog. sounds so interesting and romantic! mesto penat giler kan...and selamat menyambut menantu...semuga bertambah gembira dan bahagia....

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, welcome to the club..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear all,
    Majlis Akad Nikah went well... Yang excited and nervous ialah mak nye. Pengantin cool je...

    Alhamdulillah...

    ReplyDelete
  6. boleh le dapat kan tips nanti ni...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zino,
    Boleh insyaAllah... Zino pun ada anak2 yang dah remaja. Tak lama lagi boleh le join club...

    ReplyDelete