About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 26 May 2010

Left with memories…

"Death is one enemy none can escape. It’s a part of life, and memories a part of living..."


I was surprised to receive a message from a friend this morning. After reading the short text, I was for a while lost for words. Nothing came to mind. I could feel the sadness for the loss of a beloved father, yet nothing I can say or offer will be consoling enough to erase or lessen the grief.

My condolences to the family. Al-fatihah...

Memories are all that are left.
Each becomes a well-worn photograph.
Missing is the warmth, the touch, the heft
Of life, the smile, the reassuring laugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment