About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 24 June 2020

Affordable durian from the hill of Hulu Langat...

“The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.”

(A basketful of durian kampung to bring home)

It was durian season again and Hulu Langat is famous for its varieties of durian especially durian kampung and durian hutan. You could see the durian stalls lining the Hulu Langat road. There's nothing like a good old fashioned way to squat and eat the newly harvest fruits by the roadside.

After a short hike in Gunung Nuang Recreational Park this morning, we drove to Dr Razak's dusun house. We were still a little early so we helped to choose some varieties of durian from a local vendor.  The vendor had given us a lot of durian to sample for free and we bought some. I always get a thrill when I smell the aroma of these durian fruits yet till now I am still blur on the name of the various varieties.

It was fun meeting cheerful old friends. They are my Vet classmates during our 74/78 ITM DAHP years. Normally, we would meet at least twice a year for our Program Amal. Because of the Covid 19 and Movement Control Order, we postponed our charity program until the pandemic could be curbed and life returns to normal again. 

We had a lot to eat and a lot to talk about. Dr Razak and Ruby harvested serai and pandan from their kebun for us to bring home.

(Dr Razak harvesting the serai from his kebun)
(Durian party and early lunch with friends)
(Checking the BP after the durian feast)

No comments:

Post a Comment